All staff are carefully selected by the Management team and are provided with the necessary on-the-job training to succeed within the industry. Our commitment is to always recognise that our staff are the most important asset to Magpies and by nurturing, developing and supporting them. Magpies prides itself in having a mix of energetic and enthusiastic professionals who are customer focused and dedicated to this challenging industry. We have a team of over 100 staff members which include Management, Frontline Management, Grounds, Administration, Cleaners and Operational Staff.
MAGPIES ARE HIRING
- Looking for something different, rather than the traditional 9am to 5pm role?
- Seeking flexibility in the way you work?
- Bright and bubbly and want to bring your personality to work!
- Customer focused and truly enjoys working with people?
What can Magpies offer you?
- A fun and flexible work environment
- Attractive rates of pay with penalties for night and weekends
- Secure employment with opportunity for additional shifts
- Full training and support across all our roles
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM
If you would like to work in the hospitality industry and consider Magpies right for you, click the button below to complete the Employment Application Form and submit online.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Magpies mission is to provide a superior entertainment experience and a sense of belonging and pride, through personal and professional service. Our success enables us to support our community and sport in the greater Mackay Region.
Magpies Vision is to make a real difference in the lives of our Members and Guests, our Players, our Staff and our Community.
We strive to be “above the line”. We Coach before we Criticise. We act with purpose and intent always. We have respect for Self, Respect for others and are Responsible for our actions. We appreciate and value the demands of our industry. In our team we energise, educate and empathise. We are passionate about our Club and deliver on the Magpies Mission everyday.
Magpies Sporting Club is entering an exciting period of performance and growth and we are seeking a passionate Operations Manager to join our Senior Management Team to be a part of our journey. Our Club has a strong middle management team, a highly qualified and stable senior leadership team and a positive and professional Board.
FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM MEMBERS
We are seeking new team members to work across multiple areas of the Club including the Centro Restaurant, Hub Café, Canteen, Reception, Sportsbar and Gaming.
- Available to work across evenings and weekends
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Over the Age of 18
- A Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate and Responsible Service of Gambling Certificate (if appliable) or a willingness to obtain prior to commencement.
MANDATORY HOSPITALITY QUALIFICATIONS
Magpies Sporting Clubs requires all employees who are involved in the service or supply of liquor to hold a current responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate. All employees who carry out any gambling duties must hold a current responsible service of gambling (RSG) certificate. Both of these qualifications must be obtained from a nationally recognised provider.